The mission of Al-Minhaal Academy is to transmit knowledge, provide a safe upbringing away from negative influences, and to develop a strong character through the values of Islam.
Al-Minhaal Academy seeks to develop in each and every student a positive identity as an American Muslim who is prepared intellectually, socially, emotionally, spiritually, and physically to succeed in tomorrow’s world. Al-Minhaal Academy’s students are expected to integrate academic skills, Qur’anic principles, and ethical behavior in order to make positive contributions to the global community. Al-Minhaal Academy aims to develop in each student a balanced character enriched with knowledge, inspired to excellence, and committed to the betterment of family, community, and humanity.
1. Our main goal is to provide young Muslims with a quality education while instilling in them Islamic morals and principles. At Al-Minhaal Academy Islamic morals and values comes first before anything else.
2. We cultivate a willingness to share time, talent, and skills in response to the needs of family, school, Muslim and local communities.
3. Al-Minhaal Academy seeks to create challenging learning environment that encourages high expectations for success. Our school promotes safe, orderly, caring, and supportive environment.
The School in Brief
Our facility offers: a science lab, high tech computer lab, library, spacious gym and over 30 classrooms Al-Minhaal Academy offers high quality education taught by high qualified staff with great dedication and experience. The school also offers a small group setting and a challenging curriculum which is designed to be both fun and educational. Our middle and high school classes are segregated. The Academy is headed by Sheikh Ahmed Salem who has over 20 years of experience in the United States in the field if education specifically in Islamic Schools including: Al-Ghazaly School, Madrasatu Ahlus-Sunnah, Darul Arqam, and An-Noor Academy. Along with assisting in Islamic Education in schools, he also assists in educating and counseling incarcerated youth about Islam at the NJ state department of corrections.
- Upper Classes Segregated based on gender
- Small Group Setting providing more individualized attention
- High Quality Quran Program which teaches the students the Quran correctly along with proper Tajweed.
- A unique Tahfeedh Program designed to help students memorize the Quran in 3-4 years.
- Our programs are in compliance with the laws of the NJ’s State Department of Education core curriculum.
- Employ a fun and educational curriculum to keep the students focused on their studies.
- A new toddler program which enables toddlers to read by the end of the program’s duration.
- Teach children Authentic Islamic Knowledge with the correct understanding.
AL-MINHAAL ACADEMY does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its admission policies, educational policies, scholarships, loan programs, athletic and other school administered programs. Students are entitled to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to them at the school.
Full Time Masjid
The school is planning on adding several extracurricular activities for the youth as well a full-time Masjid administrating events to interact with the community. These community events will allow our youth to implement what they have learned in the classrooms in real life. The masjid will offer:
1. All five daily prayers
2. Taraweeh, Eid, and Janaza Prayers
3. Activities and programs for Adults.
4. Many more Activities for the community.
5. Marriage services
Alhamdulillah for the first time in an Islamic School, we will be offering the following:
1. A fully accredited online school which can extend the benefits of Al-Minhaal Academy to homeschooled students in the United States as well as abroad.
2. We will serve as the only representative for Sharia Academy in the New Jersey area to help our high school graduates as well as adults to earn a degree (BA, MA, & Ph.D) in Islamic Studies.
3.Our academy will be the first representative of Al-Madina International University in the Americas to help our high school graduates as well as adults to earn a degree (BA, MA, & Ph.D) in Islamic Studies, Arabic, or Information Technology (IT).
What We Offer
1. Day care program starting from Infants
2. Islamic school for grades KG -12th Grade
3. Full-Time Hifdh Program with Academics (3rd-High School)
4. Adult Programs for Brothers and Sisters
5. After school program for public school students
6. Saturday and Sunday School for Arabic, Quran, and Islamic Studies
7. Family Counseling Service for parenting, marriage, and schooling issues